In 2018 Publica was commissioned by Neighbourhood Planning London, a volunteer organisation supporting neighbourhood planners across London, to undertake research into the state of neighbourhood planning in London. This document is the first in a series of similar reports which will be produced each spring by Neighbourhood Planning London, providing insights into the spread and progress of neighbourhood planning in London.
- London has twelve 'made' neighbourhood plans
- Nine boroughs in London are 'neighbourhood planning deserts' with no designated neighbourhood forums
- The average duration of neighbourhood planning for London forums is 49 months
- The number of new neighbourhood forums designated (by financial year) has declined since 2015
- However, the number of 'made' neighbourhood plans is growing, and the number of completions per (financial) year is also increasing